Monday, June 7, 2010

Target Episode


There was no very vanilla soy milk, no eggs and no root beer left in the refrigerator tonight. I looked at the clock: 9:15pm. Super Target in Brea was going to close at 10pm. I hopped in my car and drove off.

***
10:00pm at Target: An employee saw someone still wandering from aisle to aisle.
"Sorry, Madame, the store is already closed," He said politely.
"I know Sir... but I cannot leave your store...I cannot drive my car...I cannot find my car key...." I looked at him, mumbling.

I have discovered that my car key was gone when I got to my car after checkout.
I had no idea how and where I lost it. I checked with the cashiers and customer service lost and found immediately but there was no sign of it.

The young man joined me to retrace my steps in the different departments I have visited tonight. Unfortunately I have wandered off more than grocery needs.

Soon he was paging the manager and the manager was paging the entire staff in the superstore:
"A customer is looking for a black square leather key ring with a car key..."
Our search team grew bigger and bigger...

***
Finally a security guard running towards me, handed me the keys, as if he was giving a child her lollipop.
"Where did you find it?" I was exhilarated.
"Someone had found it at a corner earlier and gave it to me." He said, panting.

There was a very good ending to the rescue effort: A very grateful last customer was able to leave the store, and very happy employees that could go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Who are YOU?" said the Caterpillar.

This was not an encouraging opening for a conversation.

Alice replied, rather shyly,

"I--I hardly know, sir, just at present-- at least I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then."

"What do you mean by that?' said the Caterpillar sternly. "Explain yourself!"

"I can't explain MYSELF, I'm afraid, sir" said Alice,

"because I'm not myself, you see."



(Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Chapter 5)