Monday, April 5, 2010

A tale of three cities -Hong Kong, Heidi



Heidi, Girl of the Alps (アルプスの少女ハイジ, Arupusu no Shōjo Haiji?) is a 1974 anime series by Zuiyo Enterprises based on the Swiss novel "Heidi's Years of Wandering and Learning" by Johanna Spyri (1880).

I watched this animation when I was young. Heidi has always been an imaginary childhood friend. I finally found these DVD. The story is so wholesome. It is about the simple pleasures of childhood, the love of nature, and the miracle of friendship and healing.

It is a story I would love to watch again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Who are YOU?" said the Caterpillar.

This was not an encouraging opening for a conversation.

Alice replied, rather shyly,

"I--I hardly know, sir, just at present-- at least I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then."

"What do you mean by that?' said the Caterpillar sternly. "Explain yourself!"

"I can't explain MYSELF, I'm afraid, sir" said Alice,

"because I'm not myself, you see."



(Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Chapter 5)