Saturday, March 20, 2010

missing footprints

My friends G always walks her dog along the lake. She always run into M who also walks her dog there. It is good time chatting and exercising together.
It has been a couple months that G hasn't seen M. It must have been the winter cold weather and shorter day light.
Recently G got a mountain bike. She left M a phone message to invite her to bike together.
Her housemate called back. M has been hit by a car while biking to work. She passed away.
It is news that is heavy enough to sink a heart.
***
Some people's exsistence may seem insignificant. We may take their company for granted. After their passing, there is not grief striken memory, but bitter sweet reminder of a kind and delightful human being, who have graced our world with their footprints.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Who are YOU?" said the Caterpillar.

This was not an encouraging opening for a conversation.

Alice replied, rather shyly,

"I--I hardly know, sir, just at present-- at least I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then."

"What do you mean by that?' said the Caterpillar sternly. "Explain yourself!"

"I can't explain MYSELF, I'm afraid, sir" said Alice,

"because I'm not myself, you see."



(Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Chapter 5)