Monday, July 12, 2010

Ten things I learned with Samsam

My friend May and her son Samsam visited me from Texas this week. Samsam is a sweet two-year old toddler. These are the lessons I learned from his routine and what his mother taught him:
1. Smile and greet people
2. Take naps
3. Eat snacks
4. Say thank you
5. Say sorry
6. Time to play
7. "No, not now"
8. If you do something really bad, "Police will put you in jail"
9. There is never too much of a good thing you love, like "Thomas the Train"
10. Hold hands

1 comment:

  1. Very amusing. Samsam is such a good boy who was taught very good lessons by his mom. This list reminds me of the book "The 10 Things I Learned in Kindergarten."

    ReplyDelete

"Who are YOU?" said the Caterpillar.

This was not an encouraging opening for a conversation.

Alice replied, rather shyly,

"I--I hardly know, sir, just at present-- at least I know who I WAS when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then."

"What do you mean by that?' said the Caterpillar sternly. "Explain yourself!"

"I can't explain MYSELF, I'm afraid, sir" said Alice,

"because I'm not myself, you see."



(Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Chapter 5)